A nice and easy pancake recipe for Shrove TuesdayMonday 20 February 2023
As big fans of pancake day, we will be celebrating Shrove Tuesday in the office with some pancakes of our own.
You can see the recipe we’ll be using below - if you like the recipe, you can let us know by commenting at the bottom of the page.
• 130g plain flour
• 2 large eggs
• 300ml milk
• 2 tsp sunflower or vegetable oil [and a drop or two extra for the frying pan]
- Crack your eggs and pour all of your ingredients into a bowl. Mix thoroughly using a whisk until you have a wet batter.
- Add your extra drop or two of oil to frying pan, and use a medium heat setting (160°C-180°C). If you have too much oil, wipe with a kitchen roll, so that just the surface of the pan is covered.
- Once heated, use a ladle or measuring cup (100ml) to pour some of your batter into the pan. This will cook quickly, so keep an eye on the pan. Cook for just one minute on each side until golden. If either side is not yet cooked to your liking, you can keep frying the pancake until you are happy.
- You can show some creativity by adding any of your favourite toppings to the pancake. Lemon and sugar, maple syrup, baked apple slices and cinnamon or chocolate spread are all great combinations.
A Serious Blog
News and views from around the world on lighting, eyecare and eye conditions.
- The ultimate guide to the clock change – get prepared for the biannual time shift
- Beyond timekeeping: How daylight saving time affects your well-being
- Eyestrain? Try these 6 eye yoga exercises
- Why one protein might change treatment for Wet-AMD forever
- Defending against Eyestrain
Browse by label
- AMD Blue Light
- Blue Light
- Cataracts Sight News
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Glaucoma Cataracts Sight News
- Light News
- Light News Blue Light
- Light News Sight News
- Literary Festivals
- Literary News
- Serious News
- Sight News
- Sight News AMD
- Sight News Blue Light Light News
- Sight News Cataracts
- Sight News Glaucoma
- Sight News Light News