Serious Readers 5-Year Warranty: Terms and Conditions
What does a Serious Readers warranty cover?
A Serious Readers warranty covers the repair or replacement (at Serious Readers' discretion) of your Serious Readers product if it is found to be defective due to faulty materials or workmanship within the warranty period.
If any part is no longer available (e.g. a particular colour variation or lamp), Serious Readers will replace it with a functioning alternative part.
Your statutory rights are not affected by this warranty.
What is not covered by a Serious Readers warranty?
Serious Readers products are engineered and constructed for continual high performance in normal domestic settings. If a Serious Readers product is used in the way it is intended for use and it breaks down within the warranty period, it is our responsibility to repair or replace it.
There are, however, some circumstances in which a Serious Readers warranty does not cover the repair or replacement of a product. These are not hidden in the small print. Here is what is not covered:
• Normal wear and tear, including parts that might wear out over time (e.g. bulbs, batteries, etc.)
• Accidental damage.
• Damage as a result of use not in accordance with the rating label.
• Damage caused by external sources such as transit, weather, electrical outages or power surges.
• Failures caused by circumstances outside of Serious Readers’ control.
• Faults caused by:
• Negligent use, misuse, neglect or careless operation of the product.
• Use of the product which is not in accordance with the Serious Readers’ Operating Manual.
• Use of a Serious Readers product for anything other than normal domestic household purposes in the country to which it was shipped.
• Use of parts not assembled or installed in accordance with the instructions provided by Serious Readers.
• Use of components and accessories which are not Serious Readers genuine components.
• Faulty assembly or installation (except where carried out by Serious Readers).
• Repairs or alterations carried out by parties other than Serious Readers.
If you have any questions about what a Serious Readers warranty covers, we will be happy to help. You can call us free on 0800 085 1088.
What are the terms and conditions of the warranty?
The terms and conditions of a Serious Readers warranty are as follows:
• The warranty becomes effective at the shipment date.
• You must provide your details to us via telephone or email, before any work can be carried out on your product under the warranty.
• All work will be carried out by Serious Readers or our appointed repair specialists.
• The repair or replacement of your product under warranty will not extend the period of the warranty, unless specified by exception.
• The warranty provides benefits which are additional to and do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
If you have any questions, you can call us free on 0800 085 1088.
When does the warranty become effective
A Serious Readers warranty becomes effective on the date of shipment for your product.
Where is the Serious Readers warranty valid?
Where this product is sold outside of the UK, this warranty will only be valid if the appliance is used in the country to which it was shipped by Serious Readers. If you take your product abroad the warranty may be invalidated. However, we will do our best to help you in your new country of residence. If you need any advice, please call us free on 0800 085 1088.
Are Serious Readers warranties transferable?
Serious Readers warranties are transferable with the product, provided the original proof of purchase is supplied, together with evidence of any change of ownership of the product, confirming that the product was in good working order when the change of ownership took place.